CBSE POLICY FOR STD IX to XII AC YEAR 2021 – 22
2021 – 2022 AC YEAR CBSE POLICY FOR STD. 9 TO 12
Points simplified as understood
- Academic session to be divided in to 2 Termswith approximately 50% syllabus in each term.
- The syllabus for the Board examination 2021-22 will be rationalized
- Classes IX-X:Internal Assessment (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include the 3 periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical work/ speaking listening activities/ project.
- Classes XI-XII:Internal Assessment (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include end of topic or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practical’s/ projects.
- CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
- The Board will organize Term I Examinationin a flexible schedule to be conducted between November-December 2021
- The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) including case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertion-reasoning type. Duration of test will be 90 minutes and it will cover only the rationalized syllabus of Term I only (i.e. approx. 50% of the entire syllabus)
- Question Papers will be sent by the CBSEto schools along with marking ***
- The Board would organize Term II or Yearend Examinationbased on the rationalized syllabus of Term II only (i.e. approximately 50% of the entire syllabus).
- This examination would be held around March-April 2022
- The paper will be of 2 hours durationand have questions of different formats (case-based/ situation based, open ended- short answer/ long answer type).
- In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination a 90 minute MCQ based exam will be conducted at the end of the Term II also.